Home Tollywood News Cinema Gola Political News Hyderabad Mania
Custom Search
Google

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Why Dharmesh Darshan chose TV actors

Dharmesh Darshan is amused at the talk going around about his decision of casting four TV actors -- Eijaz Khan, Manav Gohil, Sangeeta Ghosh and Shweta Salve -- in his new film BHANVRAA – LOVE & AGGRESSION. People feel it’s a step down. “How does anybody know what my script demands? I didn’t want complete freshers, nor did I want established names. I wanted actors who had some experience before the camera, so that I could mould them the way I want to,” the maker of RAJA HINDUSTANI justifies his decision.

Incidentally, Dharmesh says he has bound them by a contract: they can’t be seen on television for the next 9 months, till BHANVRAA releases. “Thereafter, they’re free to go their way,” he smiles.

BHANVRAA will be shot on lavish sets in Mumbai and also in Canada and Australia. “I am investing my hard-earned money in this film. I’ve complete faith in the market. People know that Dharmesh Darshan is no fly by night operator. He’d never cut corners and make a sub-standard film to make that extra buck. Let me add, even if I don’t make money on BHANVRAA, its okay. My intention is to establish my production house, Dharmesh Darshan Productions,” he states.

No comments:

 


Google Custom Search