Home Tollywood News Cinema Gola Political News Hyderabad Mania
Custom Search
Google

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Madhavan turns producer

With the Tamil version of Nishikant Kamath's Dombivali Fast entitled Yenalu Oruvan, Madhavan has finally taken the plunge. He's started his production company Leukos Films bought over the rights of Yenalu Oruvun from Abbas-Mastan and K Sera Sera.

"I had to," shrugs Maddy. "After I saw the final edited version of Yenalu Oruvan I had to own it in every way. So yes, my company Leukos Films now owns the intellectual rights of Nishikant's film. I formed my production company only because I believe so much in the film."

Maddy now leaves the country on 20 October for a month for previews of Yenalu Oruvan all over the world. "We're going to Europe, US, Canada, Malaysia, Singapore; seven countries in the Middle East….We'll show Yenalu Oruvan in every nook of the world. I'll take it to every film festival. It's by far my best performance so far."

Earlier Nishikant Kamath had directed the brilliant Marathi actor Sandeep Kulkarni in the Marathi version Dombivali Fast. Considering the Marathi version has been so widely acclaimed it would seem taking its Tamil version abroad would result in some festival duplication and overlapping.

"Not at all," assures Maddy. "Dombivali Fast hardly went anywhere outside the country. One of the reasons why we remade it into a language I was comfortable in was because we felt it deserved to reach out to a much larger audience. Between the Marathi and Tamil versions there're many changes, and changes for the better."

In fact, Nishikant Kamath plans to make another Tamil film with Madhavan next year. Nishikant Kamath's first Hindi film Yeh Hai Mumbai Meri Jaan for UTV also stars Madhavan.

No comments:

 


Google Custom Search