Home Tollywood News Cinema Gola Political News Hyderabad Mania
Custom Search
Google

Friday, July 27, 2007

Vishal Bhardwaj's next is a songless film

Vishal Bhardwaj whose film The Blue Umbrella is releasing on August 10 has decided to put his international war epic on hold.

"I'm working on a few scripts. As for the World War 2 film, yes it's very much on. But the film requires a huge canvas, huge budget and an international cast. The casting is taking a helluva lot of time…much longer than we thought. I'm still in negotiation with actors from Hollywood."

Has Uma Thurman been approached? "Yes Uma Thurman has been approached. But she hasn't made up her mind. I’m letting the producer go ahead with the casting of the WW2 film while I'm going ahead with another film because I need to get back behind the camera in December 2007 or January 2008."

Vishal has zeroed in a subject. "It will be a film without songs, a very real docu-drama kind of subject."

This would be Vishal's first songless film. "How will I make a film without music? I'll worry about the impact when it's released. Right now I just want to do the film that has come to my mind."

About The Blue Umbrella he says, "I'm not stressed about this film. Because it's a very simple and innocent story. No one can hate The Blue Umbrella. I'm not worried about my credibility. Of course it was made before Omkara. So I've matured since then. The Blue Umbrella was made in a different frame of mind."

No comments:

 


Google Custom Search