Home Tollywood News Cinema Gola Political News Hyderabad Mania
Custom Search
Google

Thursday, January 10, 2008

I want to be a father: Johar

Earlier this week there was quite a scene at a multiplex in downtown Mumbai when one familiar grownup man sat sobbing in his seat long after a show of Aamir Khan's Taare Zameen Par was over, while another man tried to console him.

As curious onlookers moved closer to the emotional enclave they were surprised to see that the man so moved by the film was none other than filmmaker-anchor Karan Johar.

Karan who left on Sunday afternoon for Goa to bring in the New Year with his friends admitted Taare Zamen Par was one of the most emotional experiences of his movie-going life.

"I couldn't move from my seat for ten minutes after the show. I just sobbed like a baby. I was so moved by the story of the parents discovering the core of their child's spirit that I now want to be a parent.

I'm neither married nor have I ever intended to be a father in real life. But after watching Taare…I truly want to a father, to connect with a child on a level that only a parent can understand."

An ardent friend and fan of Shah Rukh Khan, Karan wholeheartedly praises the other Khan superstar.

"After seeing the film with a regular ticket-paying audience,I called up Aamir and told him that a sincerity of vision was part of his DNA.

He just can't help being the creator and the artiste that he is. It's hard to believe Taare is his first film as director. Look at the performance he has got out of the child actor Darsheel Safary."

Sighs Karan, "Taare Zameen Par is a landmark film. Definitely one of the best films I've seen in recent times."

No comments:

 


Google Custom Search