Home Tollywood News Cinema Gola Political News Hyderabad Mania
Custom Search
Google

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Abhishek and I had some fun too

2007 was a year of tremendous turmoil for Priyanka. There were legal and police hassles regarding financial endeavours. At home her dad struggled with a serious illness.

Sighs Priyanka, "In 2007 I've just been busy doing commercials. And then there were other problems created by various people. I've accepted those as an enevitable part of each year.

The more popular you get the more the number of people who want target you. That's fine. It's a professional hazard. You've got to take it in your stride. I'm glad I've my family to stand by me. They're my strength and my weakness."

Sighs the discreet diva, "The end of 2007 seemed to be the beginning of the year for me because I started Fashion. I'll soon be starting Karan Johar production with Abhishek and John. Both the films will be over by July. So the first-half of 2008 is packed."

She's looking forward to working with Abhishek and John again.

"Abhishek and I had some fun times during Bluff Master and with John I did one of my toughest roles in Karam. I enjoyed that though it didn't work at the box office. But then a film doing well or not is in nobody's hands," says the actor who in five years has given the maximum number of hits and has earned the tag of the new-millennium Hema Malini.

She hopes to fashion a new success in Fashion. "It's actually becoming a much bigger film than what it was meant to be. Let's face it, success is important. And to me the boxoffice is very important."

Fashion is a special challenge. "The character requires a lot of hard work. The graph is so steep. Madhur Bhandarkar is keeping me on my toes constantly.

Yes, I admit Krissh and Don didn't have as much space for me as Fashion. But one does all kinds of movies. I enjoy the experience of trying something new each time.

In Fashion I'm far more at the forefront than Krissh or Don. But the challenge is the same."

No comments:

 


Google Custom Search