Home Tollywood News Cinema Gola Political News Hyderabad Mania
Custom Search
Google

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Peeping-tom's Object of Desire!!!

Though Sameera says she doesn't care, the fact is she has replaced Mallika Sherawat at the last moment in Abbas-Mustan's Race.

"But who cares? Roles exchange hands all the time. Bipasha was supposed to do my role in Buddhadeb Dasgupta's Kaal Purush. Does it matter? I'm just too excited working with Abbas-Mustan for the first time.

Not just them. I'm also quite taken up with the idea of working with Saif, Bipasha, Akshaye Khanna all for the first time. And you know what? I play full-on bimbette in this film!"

Sameera must be the first actress on Planet Earth who's so happy to be playing a dumb broad.

"Yes, I am ! Because the fact is, from Musafir onwards I'm quite tired of doing dark serious roles. I want to just let my hair down and have fun.

Abbas-Mustan's Race will allow that because everyone has a character to play. No one is paired with anyone. It's just about having fun."

Fun in its own way is Sameera's second film with Budddadeb Dasgupta. "It's another Bengali film with a peculiar title Me, Yasim & Madhubala. It's about voyeurism and I play a kathak dancer called Madhubala.

But please don't jump to conclusions. There's nothing cheesy about the film. It's a serious study of a woman's space and how it's invaded by technology like mobile phones, etc."

Buddhadeb Dasgupta is planning another film with Sameera. The Dasgupta- Reddy trilogy?!

Sameera laughs, "Well…Dada did compare me with Smita Patil. So there. I'm just too happy doing such varied roles from Kaal Purush to Race. I think 2008 is going to be very special for me."

What about that someone special in my her life?
The image “http://media1.santabanta.com/full1/indian%20%20celebrities(f)/sameera%20reddy/sam38a.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.The image “http://media1.santabanta.com/full1/indian%20%20celebrities(f)/sameera%20reddy/sam37a.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

No comments:

 


Google Custom Search