Home Tollywood News Cinema Gola Political News Hyderabad Mania
Custom Search
Google

Friday, October 19, 2007

Vipul Shah on why he turned producer with Singh Is Kinng

"It's very simple, really," explains Vipul Shah from the Gold Coast in Australia. "It was no longer feasible to keep my production house running with my own directorial inputs. So I invited Anees Bazmi to direct Singh Is Kinng for me. Now I'm ready to invite other directors to make film for my production house."

Vipul has accompanied his director Anees Bazmi to Australia for a very special reason. "We're working with an entirely Australian crew. Though I've had experience with a foreign crew (in Namastey London), Anees hasn't really had any experience in a foreign shoot. So I am here to guide him."

Isn't there bound to be a clash when two directors work together as producer and director. "Not at all," protests Vipul. "I leave the execution entirely to Anees. I'm here only to help him in whatever capacity."

Vipul says Singh Is Kinng would have the kind of budget that he has so far not been able to afford for his own directorial ventures. "Thanks to my collaboration with Adlabs I feel we can give this film a truly international feel."

The cast which includes Neha Dhupia, Om Puri, Javed Jaffery and Sonu Sood besides Akshay Kumar and Katrina Kaif, has been in Australia since September 18. Shooting begins on November 2. "We've to be very careful with our shooting. The safety rules in Australia are very strict. We can't afford to goof up."

No comments:

 


Google Custom Search