Home Tollywood News Cinema Gola Political News Hyderabad Mania
Custom Search
Google

Friday, October 19, 2007

I didn't expect it from Ismail Sir: Aneek Dhar

Singing sensation Aneek Dhar, who won the talent show "Sa Re Ga Ma Pa", is taken aback that composer Ismail Darbar, who was a judge for the show on Zee TV, has termed the voting process in the competition as "humbug".

"I am sad to hear that he is calling Zee TV's voting a humbug, but the fact is that the voting was done by people and not Zee TV," Aneek told here.

"Ismail Darbar had always supported me. I never expected such a reaction from him. Zee had supported every participant. It wasn't just me and why would they do that because there were more talented contestants than me," he added.

The other two finalists were Rajasthan's Raja Hasan and Amanat Ali from Pakistan. Darbar told reporters that Hasan had got the maximum votes throughout the show and Amanat was the most talented.

So according to him, either of the two should have won the show, not Aneek. He alleged that the voting process was not transparent.

Aneek walked away with a Rs.5 million contract with Universal Music and a Chevrolet Spark car after being declared the winner at the grand finale Saturday night.

The singer from West Bengal says winning or losing was not important, what mattered was that he participated in the show.

"I wanted to be a good singer and this is the reason why I came to Mumbai. I didn't come here to get trapped in controversies," Aneek remarked.

"I did my job, and the rest was up to God. He gave me what I deserved. I am sure it was God's and my parents' blessings that helped me win this title."

Aneek is now looking forward to working with his mentor, composer-cum-singer Himmesh Reshammiyya, and A.R. Rahman.

"It's my dream since childhood to work with both of them."

The youngster also dreams of singing for superstar Shah Rukh Khan some day.

"Everybody knows I'm Shah Rukh Khan's fan. It may sound funny, but I think if I get an opportunity to work with Karan Johar, I can fulfil my dream of singing for my favourite hero Shah Rukh."

Right now, the singer has plenty of stage shows lined up.

"After 'Sa Re Ga Ma Pa', I am starting with stage shows in all four metros. Then I will go on a world tour organised by Zee TV. When I'm a little free after all this, I'll get time to look for other options," Aneek said.

No comments:

 


Google Custom Search