Home Tollywood News Cinema Gola Political News Hyderabad Mania
Custom Search
Google

Thursday, September 13, 2007

'I was shy of Kangana at first'

There's much happening to keep Konkona on her toes. She's trying comedy for the first time in Rituparno Ghosh's Sunglass, and she's confident she can pull it off.

"Though Mixed Doubles was a comedy I didn't have any humorous scenes. Ranveer (Shorey) had the funny scenes. I didn't. In Sunglass I do have the comedy.

And I enjoyed myself. …I wonder when Rituda will release the film! He's gone to another film Last Lear. We haven't even dubbed for Sunglass. Me and Jayaji have been at his head to release it."

Konkona had a ball shooting with Jaya. "Jayaji and I got along like a house on fire. We're mother and daughter in two back-to-back films Pradeep Sarkar's Laga Chunri Mein Daag and Sunglass. And we do look like relatives."

Konkona has no problems getting along with anyone. "Actually…I'm very easygoing. I always say hello to people…When I see someone across the room I scream a hi without a second thought. I got along very well with Kangana during Metro, though at first we were shy of each other.

By the time the wrap-up party happened we were sitting together and sharing drinks…And Madhuri Dixit in Aaja Nachle is such a delight.

One thought her being this mythic actress meant she'd keep aloof. But she was so much fun. She played games like dumb charade with us when we weren't shooting. And she invited all of us in the cast and crew to her son's birthday."

So are lasting friendships possible in filmdom? "Of course they are! I've made some very good friends, like Ranvir Shorey, Sandhya Mridul and Tara Sharma.

Sometimes I become very friendly with the ADs. I don't like problems with anyone. I'm a typical laidback hassle-freee Saggitareus. Don't want to take anything to heart because it's too much stress."

Konkona has pretty much moved to Mumbai now, though she continues to keep visiting Kolkata. "I'm choosing scripts as best as I can. I guess Omkara was a turning point for my relationship with Bollywood. More people saw me in Omkara, but I prefer myself in 15 Park Avenue."

Everyone expected Konkona to get another National award for Park Avenue. "No it was always Sarika in Parzania. I'm happy to have got my National award for Mr & Mrs Iyer. Hopefully there'll be others."

No comments:

 


Google Custom Search