Home Tollywood News Cinema Gola Political News Hyderabad Mania
Custom Search
Google

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Upen, Govinda's new partner!

Upen Patel is all set to do a comedy for Suniel Shetty's Popcorn Entertainment.

It will star the youngster with Suniel Shetty and Govinda.

"It would be very different from what one would expect three of us to come together for. Am I scared of matching satirical steps with a stalwart like Govinda? You bet I am! But I've been working with another maestro of mirth Paresh Rawal in 123.So I'm being trained by the best."

Upen,in fact, is preparing for his part in what he expects be a significant move forward. "I'm working in big banners.It's the only way to ensure a film gets released." For the last one month Upen Patel has been shooting in Pondicherry for his first comic role. "We're shooting on a set opposite a promenade next to the open waters. It's lovely. It's a film produced by Kumar Mangat where I've one of our comic virtuosos Paresh Rawal to take me through my comic paces.

Comedy, let me tell you, is the toughest form of acting. And thank God for Pareshji. I want to take up the most challenging kind of acting so I can prove my versatility. "

123 is directed by Ashwini Dheer who has done the sitcom Office Office on television. "Ashwini's experience with comedy is of great help. I'm doing comedy for the first time and that too an out-and-out comedy."

At the mahurat of 123 in Mumbai while shooting the introductory song with Tanissha, Upen had a bit of a stress situation.

Upen's costume got delayed.

Explains Upen, "Narendra Kumar who's doing my clothes in 123 lives on the other side of town.We were all waiting for the clothes to arrive. It was the last shot of the day.It was getting very late.We had to somehow finish the shoot. Although we had lost a good two hours I completed my solo performance of about 45 seconds in one take, thanks to my choreographer Ganesh Acharya."

Though Suneel Darshan's Shaka Laka Boom Boom didn't do well, Upen has cut a 3-film deal with Kumar Mangat.

"It was the first of my three releases where people saw much more of me. I was very happy I was appreciated. I want to do films only with the people who can help me grow as an actor. And yes, I'll be doing one more film with Suneel Darshan. Considering my non-film background I've made a good start. I'm working with big banners."

No comments:

 


Google Custom Search