Home Tollywood News Cinema Gola Political News Hyderabad Mania
Custom Search
Google

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Shahid & Vidya? How Bizzare!!

First it was Salman, now it's Shah Rukh. Shahid Kapoor seems to be inching confidently into the Khans' territory. After having convinced Sooraj Barjatya that he's a suitable candidate to play Prem in place of Salman, Shahid is now gone into Shah Rukh's territory.


The Vivah actor, for months in search of the right script, has finally found his plot. The reclusive and somewhat laidback Aziz Mirza who has made three truly remarkable satires Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman, Yes Boss and the failed but pleasurable Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustan with SRK, is finally going on the floors, again with a breezy romantic musical, this time with a changed leading man.

The film will bring together the unexpected team of Shahid and Vidya Balan. The affable Aziz who has been in a reclusive state after his wife's death a few years ago is finally excited about making another movie.

When contacted Shahid sounded more relieved than excited. "After sitting at home for almost six months I've finally found the perfect vehicle.

Post-Vivah I was adamant on not doing another film until I was fully satisfied with the script. I loved the idea behind Aziz Uncle's script. I've never played a character like this before. The romantic comedy is not a well-tapped genre in our cinema. Aziz Uncle knows that area well."

How does it feel to be stepping into Shah Rukh's domain? "Of course I'm very excited to be working with a director who has so far worked one of Asia's biggest entertainers. I mean, stardom hardly gets any bigger than Shah Rukh. I feel the same sense of exhilaration and challenge that I did when Sooraj-ji asked me to play Prem."

Aziz Mirza's first film in five years is said to be a working-class romantic musical. "I can't reveal plot details," says Shahid. "But it's a very heart-warming subject. And Vidya and I fit into our roles quite perfectly in keeping with our personalities."

As the seasoned director gets all set to create the Shah Rukh-Juhi romantic pair of the new millennium, his new leading man is peering into the future with much excitement.

"When I see Aziz Uncle getting so excited about a project I feel like getting back to work right now. Unfortunately we start in April."

No comments:

 


Google Custom Search