Home Tollywood News Cinema Gola Political News Hyderabad Mania
Custom Search
Google

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Arshad Warsi and bad actor?

Arshad Warsi has a genuine problem. "You see, in a film to be produced by Anil Kapoor I'm supposed to play a very very bad actor who becomes a very very big star."

The re-make of a hit South Indian film to be entitled Shortcut is to be directed by one Roshan Andrews.

"It's a genuine dilemma. Am I capable of playing a bad actor. Can I even fake such a horrific circumstance? But jokes aside, I'm looking forward to this film because I team up with Akshaye Khanna again after Priyadarshan's Hulchal.

Akshaye plays a film director. But my role is to die for. I play this super-sleazeball….cunning, corny and capable of going to any extent to get my way. On top of it all, my character is terrible at his job," laughs Arshad.

Arshad plays this bad man after playing this really decent guy in Vivek Agnihotri's Goal. "In Goal I'm this upright well brought-up footballer. "

Coming back to Shortcut, Arshad chuckles, "Playing a bad actor will be as tough for me as dancing badly. Believe it or nuts, Raj Kumar Hirani forced me to dance badly in the first Munnabhai film because my character was supposed to be rather clumsy. I guess if I managed to be convincing as a bad dancee I can swing the bad actor. But it'll require all my acting skills, ha!"

No comments:

 


Google Custom Search