Home Tollywood News Cinema Gola Political News Hyderabad Mania
Custom Search
Google

Saturday, January 5, 2008

"My films are being sold quite well" - Rituparno

Reports in the press that many of the prolific Rituparno Ghosh's films lie unsold and uncared-for, have the prolific Bengali director unperturbed. "It all started with a report in Kolkata that was picked up on the websites. Now we've Mumbai papers reporting how my completed films have no buyers. How thoughtful of them to show such concern. Thank you. But my films are being sold as and when they should be."

The director explains, "You see the rules of film distribution are different in Bengal. They're made by producers and released without long marketing procedures. I'm afraid these alarmist reports have no basis. Just because I'm unavailable for comments they make up stories. To even get perturbed by such reports is demeaning my position." Rituparno has just completed the first schedule of Sab Charitra Kalpunik (all characters imaginary), Bipasha Basu's first Bengali film.

"The next schedule was from 10 Jan. But now it starts from Jan 28 because Bipasha wants to complete the film in one long schedule. It's been a very fruitful experience for both of us. I think Bipasha has discovered new facets to her acting talent."

No comments:

 


Google Custom Search