Home Tollywood News Cinema Gola Political News Hyderabad Mania
Custom Search
Google

Sunday, December 16, 2007

I will not say OSO has the best music: Celina Jaitley

Q. What is playing on your I-Pod these days?
A. I have returned from Mauritius just two days back, so top French songs are playing on my I-Pod. Also recently, I got a collection of Rahat Fateh Ali Khan's songs and beautiful Gazhals which were gifted by one of my friends.

These songs are also playing on my I-Pod. In fact I love music so much that my I-Pod is always on.

Q. Which kind of music do you love and which kind irritates you?
A. I like Sufi, Rock, Ghazal and Nazm. Also I love listening to Hindustani music. If you talk about singers then I am a big fan of Rahat Fateh Ali Khan. I like the songs, Gazhals and Nazms sung by him.

I am also a fan of Bade Ghulam Ali Khan Sahab.To be true I love to listen to the songs of the 60's and 70's more than today's songs. Not only Hindi, I also like listening to old English classics.

The music which has more loudness than melody irritates me. Also I don't like songs, the lyrics of which have no meaning.

Q. According to you which among the recently released films - 'Om Shanti Om', 'Saawariya', 'Aaja Nachle', 'Khoya Khoya Chand' and 'Dus Kahaniyan' has the best music?
A. I will not call any of them the best because every film has at least one song that is my favorite. But if you see commercially then the music of 'Om Shanti Om' is very good.

With this I also like the music of 'Dus Kahaniyan', it has some newness in it which I like. Also Sanjay Gupta's film music has always been good. I have not yet heard the music of 'Khoya Khoya Chand', so I can't comment on its music.

Q. Name five of your all time favorite songs.
A. My favorites will not fit in just five songs but I will try. I love these songs- 'Chalte Chalte' from 'Pakizaah', 'Tujhe dekha to yeh jaana sanam' from 'Dilwale Dulhaniyan Le Jayenge', 'Morni Baga ma' from 'Lamhe' and 'Sagar kinare' from 'Sagar'.

Q. Which music makes you dance?
A. There are a lot of songs in our films which makes one want to dance while listening. I am a big fan of Sri Devi ji. When I listen to her songs then something happens to me. Songs like 'Meri Haathon me nau nau choodiyan hai' from 'Chandni' and 'Morni Baga ma' from 'Lamhe' are on the top.

Also I love classical songs very much. While listening to these songs not only me, but every body feels like dancing.

Q. What do you prefer remixes or originals?
A. See, originals have their own charm. For remixes I would like to say it is a good trend in a way as old songs are repeated in the form of remixes. These are the songs which have been part of our grand fathers' generation.

The fact is that we Indians are musical naturally. Also remixes indicate the popularity of a song, which can sooth the hearts of listeners till now.

Q. Which is your favorite romantic song?
A. (laughs) Oh God! There are lots of them, I am confused which name should I take? (thinks). I like the song 'Do labzon ki hain dil ki kahani' from 'The Great Gambler'.

Q. According to you today's music is better, equal or worse as compared to music of old times?
A. First of all I will like to say that music cannot be compared. Music always gives satisfaction to the soul. According to me not only the environment has changed but the ragas have also changed.

I will not say that today's music is bad but seeing the number of music composers coming up, we can say that there has been a lot of development in the field of music. If we talk of old songs then the era was very romantic so, the songs had to be memorable.

But thankfully, with few films like 'Devdas and 'Khoya Khoya Chand' the era is coming back. And it is a very happy feeling for me because I am very fond of this kind of music.
The image “http://media1.santabanta.com/full1/indian%20%20celebrities(f)/celina%20jaitley/cel114a.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.The image “http://media1.santabanta.com/full1/indian%20%20celebrities(f)/celina%20jaitley/cel115a.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.The image “http://media1.santabanta.com/full1/indian%20%20celebrities(f)/celina%20jaitley/cel113a.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

No comments:

 


Google Custom Search