Home Tollywood News Cinema Gola Political News Hyderabad Mania
Custom Search
Google

Saturday, December 8, 2007

I don't have low self-worth: Sonam

Sonam Kapoor is basking in glory of her Saawariya performance. The offers like Rakeysh Mehra's film Delhi 6 are pouring in everyday for the doe-eyed beauty.

Talking about her new found fame and life after that she says,"I'm second-time lucky. If I had to choose one filmmaker after Sanjay Sir (Bhansali) I'd have chosen Rakesh Mehra. I haven't seen his Aks. But I fell in love with Rang De Basanti. Loved every performance in it.

I love his courage, integrity and idealism. I went beyond conventional definitions of the heroine in Saawariya. I hope to do the same in Delhi 6. It's a great follow-up.

I couldn't have chosen a better second film. The minute I met Rakeysh Mehra I was completely floored. We connected very well. I sat with him for five hours."

While her performance in Saawariya has been lauded some Mumbai critics have slammed the film. Some people even say she got a raw deal in the plot.

"Three of them. I'll remember their names forever, she says with a laughter and adds, "I don't think I got a raw deal. In the second-half all the meaty dialogues are mine.

When Sanjay Sir offered me the role he said it was complex and not author-backed. But he had faith that I could carry off."

What about a report that some of her crucial scenes have been cut in Saawariya?

"What utter nonsense," she reorts, "No crucial scene of mine has been cut. Just the usual editing that happens in every film. I don't know where this comes from.

People are just creating friction through fiction. If this kind of loose talk gives some people a high, so be it. It doesn't effect my relationship with Sanjay Sir."

Ask her if her low self-worth come from her weight problem, Sonam says," Oh, but I was over-weight only for two years, not as a child.

In school I was cool. I was never a limelight moth. I did like dancing, though. But I never thought of myself as a Madhubala, Madhuri or Sridevi.

It was Sanjay Sir who made me feel beautiful from inside. I'm extremely grateful to God to get me such a complex role. To be a Sanjay Leela Bhansali heroine after Manisha Koirala, Madhuri, Aishwarya Rai and Rani Mukherjee…what more could I ask for?"

So is she flooded with offers after Saaariya?

"Yes, They're all coming to my father. He's so proud of me. He keeps saying he never knew I could be such a capable actor and handle the media with dignity and grace.

He isn't too demonstrative How can I think of anything else right now? I need to focus on my second film. I'm going into a different mood and style here," exults Sonam.

http://media1.santabanta.com/full1/bollywood%20movies/saawariya/saa8d.jpghttp://media1.santabanta.com/full1/bollywood%20movies/saawariya/saa10e.jpg

No comments:

 


Google Custom Search