Home Tollywood News Cinema Gola Political News Hyderabad Mania
Custom Search
Google

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Hansikaa Motwani

Hansikaa Motwani
Hansikaa Motwani is not waiting for the heat of her hit debut Aap Ka Surroor to settle down. She is already amidst narrations for future projects and also busy toning herself down to suit the bill of an actress her age.

How different is it being a lead actor from a child actor?

Being a child actor is very easy. You don't really have to do much. You just go there and say the given lines. You don't have to take care of you body language or your voice or dress. But as a heroine there is a lot more responsibility. First I have to choose the right films. Acting now needs much more effort. You need to train a bit.


Why did you choose Aap Kaa Surroor?
I am still wondering why they came to me. (Giggles)

And how was it working with Himesh as an actor?
He is a great person. It was great working with him.

Why did you change the spelling of you name? Also there was some confusion to you being rechristened as Riyaa.
I was never supposed to be renamed Riyaa. It was only during the initial promotion of the film that showed me being introduced as Riyaa. This was done to break the conception of people that I am still a kid. So, when my photographs came in the papers with Himesh with the name Riyaa people didn't recognise me. They thought it was a girl who resembled me. Even my close friends could not recognise. Only after I told them that they believed.


How's life now? Can you go out on streets anymore?
No it's changed suddenly. Now if my brother takes me out for an ice cream he has to stop the car right in front of the gate and I have to dash in. I normally have the ice cream in the car.

You have lost lots of weight since AKS.

I had gained much weight for the film to look mature enough for Himesh Reshammiya. Right now I am on strict diet and also doing regular work out.

You were also doing a film called He, the Only One with Mimoh. What's the update on the movie?
We had completed shooting almost 70 per cent of the movie. But then it got stuck. I have no idea if it is going to start again. There is no news from the producer.

How was it working with Mimoh?
He is a great dancer. It was fun.

Who do you think is better Mithun or Mimoh?
Both are good.

Isn't that a very diplomatic answer?
No (smiles). I think both are good. I am in no position to judge who is good or bad. All are my favourite actors. I would love to work with all of them.

Was it always a conscious decision to become an actress?
As a child I use to mimic other actresses and enact scenes from movies. My mother being a high-profile doctor is visited by many actors and directors. They used to say that I should act. My mother also agreed and then acting happened. I personally did not know that I could act. I just enjoyed doing all that in my drawing room.

But once I started acting I knew that this is what I wanted to do. So, after Koi Mil Gaya when I took a break for some time for my school classes I knew that acting was it that I wanted to do. I love the feeling of performing in front on the camera and reaching out to so many people.

There are not too many child actors who have went on to make a great career as a grown up. Does that scare you?
I know that the record has not been very good. But I think I have proved myself and the audiences have accepted me.

Where do you see yourself five years from now?

I have started early so, I have an advantage. While other people will be thinking what career step to take I will be enjoying life at 21. I will have proved myself till then and I can take life easier, just as others of my age will be trying to make an entry.


Why did you chose to debut in a Telegu movie?
It just happened. They approached me with the role and I took it. The movie was a big one and the hero that I was to act opposite is a big name.

Anymore regional films or will be just Bollywood?

I am doing a South Indian film. The shooting has just begun. There are loads of other offers, but I am taking my time.

So are you working in the sequel to Aap kaa Surroor?

I don't know. If they want me they will call me. Nothing as of now.

Himesh as a singer or a music director?
He is very good as both.

There have been lots of controversies about Himesh and Sonu Niigam. Who do you think is the better singer?

Both are great singers.

Don't you think you are very diplomatic
for your age?
I am not diplomatic (giggles). I find everyone good that's it.

No comments:

 


Google Custom Search