Home Tollywood News Cinema Gola Political News Hyderabad Mania
Custom Search
Google

Monday, August 6, 2007

Sangeeth Sivan's next is Horror flick Click

As Sangeeth Sivan immerses himself in the post production of his Nana Patekar-Bobby Deol starrer Ek - The Power Of One, he also gets ready to bring his next film on floors.

Titled Click, the film is close to Sangeeth since it allows him to explore a genre which he has always wanted - Horror! Also, this is going to be the first film that Sangeeth is making for his own production house.

"After Sandhya [starring Jackie Shroff, Ashutosh Rana], my first horror flick, didn't see the light of the day, I went on to make comedies like Kya Kool Hain Hum and Apna Sapna Money Money These films helped me establish myself firmly in Bollywood. I went a step ahead and roped in Bobby and Nana for an action thriller Ek - The Power Of One Now that I have finished working on the shoot, I thought of shifting to a different genre. The horror subject fascinated me and I pronto decided to get the film on floors", explains Sangeeth.

What kind of horror film is he making? "This is an urban horror flick featuring a young starcast. I have signed Shreyas Talpade and Rehan Khan for the film", says Sangeeth whose KLSH and ASMM were also youth oriented.

"Let me be honest here", gets Sangeeth into a candid mood, "I am trying to make a bank of actors for me with whom I can build a certain comfort level over the period of time. No 'nakhrebaazi' from stars-vaars for me. I can't take all those airs when some big star out there tries to act smart. Instead I am happy if I get to make two small films a year with youngsters who are as enthusiastic about working as you and also should share the same vision. They should show fire in them to succeed, to excel."

Was that the kind of fire he saw in Shreyas and Rehan? "I was looking at youngsters who were not too exposed. With Shreyas I had worked earlier in ASMM. It was his first commercial movie and everyone acknowledges this fact. As an actor he is fantastic and we all have seen that in his other films as well. Once you build a rapport with an actor, it is imperative that you work with them again", reveals young-at-heart film maker.

How about Rehan? "In just a couple of meetings with him, I saw that sincerity and honesty in him that made me rope him in. I could sense the kind of urge he had to make sure that he gets to do good work."

But is sheer urge and willingness good enough? After all not much has been seen of his work as Rehan is just two films old after Jaana - Let's Fall In Love and Awarapan? Wasn't he wary about the fact that he still has to establish himself as an actor?

Sangeeth pauses for a moment before replying, "You asked a valid question. Sometimes one just goes by intuition. Moreover let's not forget the point here that this is a horror flick. If you are making a comedy or a romantic saga, you need to be dead sure about the choice of actors. But when it comes to a horror film, first and foremost script should be a hero, which in my case it is. Moreover, technique can be harnessed to the best use to make sure that you have a gripping tale to tell. Once you have the right cinematography, sound design and background music in place, most of the battle is won there and then."

Great, the film maker certainly seems to be confident about what he is making. So how does the film's schedule look like? "We start filming on September 1 and plan to wrap up the principal shooting by 5th Dec. In between there would be a month long break in October since a) I have to look at the release of Ek - The Power Of One and b) Shreyas doesn't have spare dates during that duration. After that I will be extensively sitting on the post production of Click. This would require quite an effort. Ultimately we are aiming at a May release once the school/college exams are over since the film is primarily being targeted at the youth segment."

No comments:

 


Google Custom Search