Home Tollywood News Cinema Gola Political News Hyderabad Mania
Custom Search
Google

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

I'm not jealous of Malaika's success

Arbaaz and and his high-profile wife Malaka Arora are finally working together in Kannada filmmaker Indrajit Lankesh's first Hindi film.

Says Arbaaz, "I play the lead in Lankesh's film Shaadi Ke After-effects Malaika does an intem song with me. Though my wife in the film is played by Tara Sharma I loved being on screen with Malaika."

After the success of the film and his role in Shootout At Lokhandwala, Arbaaz is looking forward to Lankesh's film. "After Shootout… I am glad to be in a light-hearted film, on the lines of The Seven-Year Itch. I'm trying to change my image with this film.

I'm tired of being known as a serious guy. Close friends like Sajid Khan know me as a very funny guy. Lankesh's comedy is the story of a married guy with a roving eye. I dance and sing with Malaika in a dream song."

A situation Arbaaz would never be. Though he plays a jealous and possessive husband in Hansal Mehta's Woodstock Villa, Arbaaz Khan is anything but that in real life.

"I'm quite comfortable being the husband of a woman who's a big celebrity. And of course a superstar's brother. It's not an enviable place to occupy. But it's the reality. I'm very closely related to two very successful people, and I accept that happily."

It's not easy having a superstar-brother (Salman) and a stunningly beautiful wife Malaika. "But I don't fight their presence in my life. I know their celebrity status is a reality in my life. I'm very closely connected to two very successful people.

But I love my brother and my wife so much that I want them to grow from strength to strength. And though Salman is where he is on his own, I'd like to take some credit for where Malaika are. We've been together for fourteen years. Even before she was my wife and the mother of child I was very encouraging and supportive.

I've always encouraged her to work. I've always believed, if you love someone then let that person occupy the space that makes her happy. That in turn, brings you tremendous happiness." In public Arbaaz always has to take a second position to his glamorous wife. Ask him if he minds.

"Not at all. It's so strange. Before marriage people want everyone to look at their girlfriends. But after marriage they want to keep their wives locked way. I'm as proud of Malaika today as I was before we got married."

He sighs and then says, "All you need to do is be sensible about life and what it offers. By allowing yourself to get upset over matters such as these, you're only encouraging negativity to creep into your marriage."

He says he's clearly a better father than a husband. "You go through so many roles in life. I may or may not have disappointed Malaika as a boyfriend and a husband, but not as the father of her child. I know for sure my son will grow up one day to say I was a great dad."

Arbaaz is happy looking after their son when Malaika is working. "We want a baby girl in the near future…maybe next year. Right now we both have professional commitments to keep us busy. Life is such today that couples have to plan their baby for the right time."

As an actor Arbaaz feels charged and ready to start a new phase in his career. "I feel I wasn't focused enough. I've now taken the reins in my hand. I'm giving my hundred percent to my career. If I fail I won't have any regrets."

No comments:

 


Google Custom Search