Home Tollywood News Cinema Gola Political News Hyderabad Mania
Custom Search
Google

Thursday, August 9, 2007

Bhatt protégé Rehan Khan takes to horror

Rehan Khan, who owes the upswing in his career to the Bhatts, is looking at good times ahead. After an unsung debut in Jaana - Let's Fall In Love followed by a miniscule but important role in Emran Hashmi starrer Awarapan, he is playing a parallel lead in Sangeeth Sivan's next film Click.

"It would be an understatement to say that I am feeling over the top", says an ever chirpy Rehan, "For a 24 year old boy whose career has just kick started, it feels great to be recognized by some of the best film makers in business."

What is Click all about? "It is a young horror film where Shreyas and I play the main leads. The film has an urban youth flavor throughout and promises to be like Sangeeth's last Apna Sapna Money Money though with a horror flavor", reveals Rehan who confesses that his young age and chocolate boy looks restrict the kind of roles he can enact.

"I cannot be playing a police officer for some more years at least", laughs Rehan, "Nevertheless, it works in my favor since for a few more years to come I am happy to be slotted as a romantic hero."

Sangeeth Sivan had a big role to play in establishing Ritiesh Deshmukh's popularity. The actor was at his comic best in both Kya Kool Hai Hum and Apna Sapna Money Money. What expectations does Rehan have from the film maker here? "Obviously to get similar results and turn lucky like Ritiesh", says Rehan with dreamy eyes, "Ritiesh hasn't looked back since Kya Kool Hain Hum and I am sure that after I am through with the three films that I have signed with Sangeeth, I should be in the reckoning as well."

Adds Rehan, "One thing I like about Sangeeth is his ultra friendly nature. He is such a cool man in real life. I like his sense of humor and the way he gets you involved in a friendly conversation. I have always liked South Indian people and Sangeeth now sits very highly in the list of people with whom I share a jovial relationship. I am looking at having a whale of time while working with him over the next few months."

Isn't he disappointed by the fact that Awarapan didn't quite use his full potential? "On the contrary I am tremendously elated by the fact that Bhatts gave me a new lease of life with Awarapan", he shoots back, "I could have been completely out of circulation had Mahesh Bhatt not shown trust in him. He kept his hand on my shoulders and said - 'Rehan, you have to die to be reborn'. It was such a meaningful statement to be made."

Talking about his association with the Bhatts, he added, "Today, I can proudly say that I am a part of Bhatts family. They treat me as their own child and have a career plan chalked out for me. I share such a relationship with them that there is no question of remuneration or length of role in their films. I am always available for them"

Other than Click, Sangeeth Sivan has roped in Rehan for two more films which are expected to be completed next year. In addition, film maker Nikhil Panchammiya, the man behind Dil Maange More and Anthony Kaun Hai, has also signed Rehan for his upcoming production to be directed by Kabir.

Shifting the topic, one moves on to talk about his home production that his father was planning with Amitabh Bachchan in a central role. Whatever happened to that? "Dad is still in the process of writing that script. It is happening for sure though the veteran actor we are looking as a central protagonist is still not finalized", reveals Rehan, "Though let me be honest that we haven't approached Mr. Bachchan yet. Dad had written his Kasme Vaade and our ties go decades back. We are sure that he will give our script a good hearing before taking a decision."

No comments:

 


Google Custom Search