Home Tollywood News Cinema Gola Political News Hyderabad Mania
Custom Search
Google

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Amrita Rao in Shyam Benegal's next venture

Mumbai, July 28 (IANS) Post 'Vivah' Amrita Rao was looking for that role which would take her beyond the old-world elegance of Sooraj Barjatya's imagination. And she has found it - in acclaimed filmmaker Shyam Benegal's next project.

Excited Amrita told IANS: 'When I got a call from Shyam Benegal's office saying he wanted to meet him I was over the moon. He has always been on my wish list. And when that call came I pinched myself. I didn't ask any questions. I immediately said yes.
'He hasn't told me much about my character and the script. After I saw what he did with Karisma Kapoor in 'Zubeida' I just felt that I should be directed by him. I'm very excited. For a while I was travelling. When I returned I met him, and we were on.'

Amrita hasn't heard the entire script yet.

'I play a village girl and the film is to be shot in Hyderabad. My co-star is Shreyas Talpade. I saw his work in 'Dor' and I absolutely adored him.'
Interestingly, Benegal hasn't seen any of Amrita's films, not even 'Vivah'. The actress was seen in films like 'Main Hoon Na', 'The Legend of Bhagat Singh', 'Ishq Vishk', 'Masti' and 'Vaah! Life Ho Toh Aisi!'
'What really excites me is that I get to do a workshop. With Sooraj-ji there was no workshop. But he did all the homework for the actors. We'll start the workshop very shortly. And for me, who's had no formal training in acting, this is like an all-new avenue opening up.'
Amrita's upcoming release is E. Niwas' 'My Name Is Anthony Gonzalves'. It's a 'very cute script', she says.
Talking about other projects, she said: 'I will start shooting UTV's 'Hook Or Crook' with David Dhawan. I'm looking forward to working with Siddharth in it. I also have Anil Kapoor's 'Short Cut' with Akshaye Khanna and Arshad Warsi.
'I've worked with Akshaye in 'Deewaar'. Arshad was there in 'Vaah! Life Ho Toh Aisi'. But we didn't have any scenes together. They're such versatile actors. 'Short Cut' isn't an out-and-out comedy. But Arshad has the funniest part since Circuit in 'Munnabhai'.'
She's almost completed a Telugu film with Mahesh Babu. And because of her commitment to the film she couldn't do the all-star guest song for Farah Khan's 'Om Shanti Om' starring Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone.

Any regrets?
'I couldn't shoot the all-star guest song for Farah because I was shooting for my Telugu film in Austria. But I did participate in the item song in Farah's brother Sajid's 'Hey Babby'.'

No comments:

 


Google Custom Search